Meet one of our favorite weekly staples! Try this recipe and I promise it'll be a new favorite in your dinner rotation!
We love this recipe because it's adaptable, easy and really healthy and nourishing!
Watch the short recipe video ↓
- Start by chopping all zucchini, bell pepper, garlic, onion and chicken.
- Heat about 1 tbsp avocado oil in large pan on medium heat. Add diced chicken. Cook it through and add taco seasoning and sea salt.
- In a separate pan, heat avocado oil on medium heat. Add onions and garlic and cook until onions are carmelized. Add bell pepper and cook for about 5 min, stirring occassionaly.
- Add cooked chicken and chopped zucchini in and mix well. Put lid on pot and cook until zucchini is cooked to your liking.
- Mix in can of black beans.
- Serve warm. If you'd like, top with cheese (I love cotija) and eat with chips.
Note: This recipe makes a HUGE serving. I always like to cook once and eat twice so this is enough for at least 2 dinners for us (depending on how hungry Casmir is, he eats for 2.5 people sometimes!).
Other modifications you can make:
- You can go for ground chicken, ground turkey, or ground beef if you'd prefer over chopping chicken breast
- You can top with cheese for some extra creaminess
- We love to eat it with a few Siete lime tortilla chips
- You can also throw in some frozen organic corn
See this recipe in action in this What I Eat in a Day vlog ↓