After my beautiful Greek sister-in-law introduced me to this classic, it's become a favorite go-to lunch recipe.
It's super simple ingredients but the flavors shine through. It's everything you love about the comfort of healing chicken soup with a little lemon zing.
This is my take on the Greek classic with an emphasis on extra protein (and quite frankly, minimal prep steps). It makes the perfect protein-packed lunch with 40g of protein per serving.
I swear it's so simple and yummy I could eat it every day.
Check out the recipe details in this video ↓
- 4 cups chicken bone broth
- 1.5 cups white rice, cooked
- 2 egg yolks
- 4 lemons, juiced
- 12 oz chicken breast, cooked + shredded
- sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- Prep the rice by cooking per rice's instructions. (I like to use this organic white jasmine rice and cook in bone broth instead of water.)
- Prep the chicken via your favorite method for shredded chicken. (I like to just cook it in a pot with a little water and salt and pepper.)
- In a large saucepan, add bone broth, salt and pepper. Bring to a simmer.
- Transfer 1 cup of the hot broth and 1/2 cup of the rice, the egg yolks, and then lemon juice into a blender. Puree until smooth.
- Stir the puree back into the simmering stock. Add chicken and remianin rice.
- Simmer until slightly thickened, about 8-10 minutes.
- Serve warm. Add salt and pepper to taste. (We love it with lots of fresh cracked pepper!)
Hope you enjoy!