Again, peeling back the curtain to show y'all the chaos in between the “before” photos and the “after” reveal coming soon.
Oh, so many hiccups. This is the house of hidden hiccups. But nothing we can't handle.
We couldn't get black windows. This one really got me. I designed the whole place based off black windows. But they're expensive. And when we found some we could actually fit in our budget, they weren't up to code. So we compromised and got black on the outside, white on the inside. Not quite what I was hoping for, but that's how this stuff goes.
The whole electrical system needed updating. From what we could see through our inspections, it looked like the electrical was grounded. But we ended up having to replace the whole system because it was pigtailed in the ceiling, which of course we didn't learn until after we ripped some walls down. Again, that's how this stuff goes.
The whole plumbing system needed updating, too. We thought we could do some small plumbing patches but we ended up replacing all the plumbing, including the main line.
We had to replace the whole roof and roof decking. This one wasn't a surprise. We knew this from the start and it was one of the pieces we were able to use to negotiate our sales price down. The roof was placed on top of old cedar singles, which is very much not up to code.
There it is, y'all! All the messy behind-the-scenes, in-betweens of this project I'm sooo excited to reveal to y'all. Stay tuned! xx, molls